What is this blog about?
Well, I hope to entertain you a bit by sharing the cute and funny stories
about my adorable Mom. I've been doing this on Facebook for a while and
folks seem to really love them, so here we go.
I have a secret mission
- no longer to be a secret. I hope to educate you on the disease my mom
has, and how we can help people who are less fortunate than her who have it.
Her disease: schizophrenia. Already you have thoughts on what that
is, and most likely they are not too accurate but just what you heard or saw in
movies and what not. One thing to tell you right away - it's not split
personality. That's a whole different illness. It's also not a choice
of someone. Third, people with this illness are not catatonic,
nonsensible, weird, etc.. With my mom you really have to look hard to
even see it in her. It's quite subtle.
Now for a little
entertainment. I asked Mom to explain to my new husband Roger why she and
I like to buy so many new and cool shoes. She said, "Well, if your
feet look good, you feel good." You know, Roger did understand then
after Mom explained it that way. Mom is right - looking down at feet in
nice looking shoes, it does make me feel good. That's the sweet and true
wisdom of my Mom. You’ll see more as I share in this blog. Hope you enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment