I visited my Mom tonight, which I do every two weeks. I always bring her a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Small Fry, Large Diet, and an apple pie. She loves it. Last time I came she had asked me to bring "Little Debbie White Cakes" or Vanilla Cream Cookies. I wasn't sure what cakes she wanted so I got two kinds.
When I showed her the loot, she said, "Oh that's way too much for me."
"Well just pick which you want Mom and I'll take the rest home."
"Oh, well, which do you want honey?" She lovingly asked.
"I'll take the vanilla cream cookies." I stated.
"I want those!" she confessed. I just cracked up. Why did she ask me then? Silly woman.
"Go ahead Mom, take them. I got them for you." She tried to be giving, but the woman always loved cookies the most. I should have known.
I also got her a new turquoise wallet. I think it was about $15 which is not expensive for me, but much more than she would spend on a wallet. She loved it.
"I'm gonna practice opening it and closing it," she adorably said as she just enjoyed handling her new prize.
Then "I'm gonna practice putting it in my purse." and in and out of her purse it went. It was just so cute.
Finally she said, "This is the prettiest thing I've ever seen, next to you."
This is my Mom. Sweet. Cute. Appreciative. Loving. Just a gem. And I'm so blessed to just spend time with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment