Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Glasses, Rides for Mom and Holiday

I wrote last about the challenges I deal with in getting my mom medical treatment, right now being glasses. Well, I am so glad the eye doctor did see Mom and new glasses are on order.  Yay! 




Mom is super excited right now - because we are going to be spending Christmas day with her at her nursing home.  Some years we don't get to do that, or it's just me and her.  Last year my husband Roger and I just took her to iHop.  She's been calling me and my brother quire often - me just about every other day, checking on the planning, talking about the meal.  Gosh it is so nice to see her so happy. 




Over all these years we have always spent holidays with Mom.  When she was able to walk, she'd come to my home.  But in the last 4 years or so she is completely wheel chair bound, so it's more of a challenge to take her out.  Have to arrange with Pace Dial-A-Ride, which has a wheel chair lift.  But they are amazing.  You can't call more than a week in advance, and it only costs $4.00 each way, and if the rider needs a companion there is no charge for the companion.  Here's the web site:


http://www.pacebus.com/sub/paratransit/sd_dial_a_ride.asp




Well, have a very merry Christmas.  Enjoy your loved ones and thank God for the blessings in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment