Friday, January 1, 2016

Medical folks like to try to get kids to pay for their disabled parents treatments.


So I got a small bill for my mom’s new glasses, $35.  OK, Mom is on both Medicaid and Medicare so up to now, all of her medical bills were paid by them.  So, why did I get a bill?   She’s had glasses for years and we were never asked to pay for that.  Also, is this just the first bill, will they send more?  More time by me to track that down and figure it out.  Bottom line, I’m not responsible to pay her bills.  She is not my child or my dependent.  I have no legal obligation.  So, I never have and I probably won’t. But Mom can pay it.  She has money she gets from both the government, and my brother and I give her money when she needs it. 

So, this is the fun of having a disabled mother who is poor.  But I’m so glad I have her so it’s really a small price to pay.   More later on this all.

No comments:

Post a Comment